The Arkansas Nurses Association, Kansas State Nurses Association, Missouri Nurses Association and Nebraska Nurses Association formed a collaborative, namely the Midwest Multistate Division (Midwest MSD), with the goal of promoting efficiencies and growth. Each SNA will retain its own state identity while utilizing shared resources within the Midwest MSD. The Midwest MSD will provide unified tools and technologies and streamlined resources in order to strengthen each SNA.
As part of this collaborative, the Midwest Multistate Division Professional Development Unit (Midwest MSD PD Unit) was formed to address the educational needs of the nurses in the Midwest region.
The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as an approver and provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation (ANCC COA).
The Midwest MSD offers two approval processes for agencies/organizations/facilities to utilize to obtain continuing nursing education credits for programs they provide:
Individual Education Activities
Organizations interested in awarding nursing contact hours for one, single educational activity or conference.
Organizations interested in receiving approval to award nursing contact hours for multiple educational activities provided to nurses within their organization or their target audience.
To learn more about the Midwest MSD nursing continuing professional development approval process, please contact the Midwest MSD Office at 573-636-4623 or email your questions.
Benefits of Accreditation
- Nurses look for ANCC approved contact hours when selecting continuing education activities.
- Indicates an organization’s willingness for adherence to objective national standards.
- Respect for achieving a high standard of excellence.
- Provides an avenue through which nurses can maintain professional competence.
- Promotes commitment to high quality nursing practice.
- ANCC-accredited continuing education is the most effective and sustainable strategy to improve professional nursing practice.
- ANCC accreditation enjoys wide recognition and acceptance by licensing boards and other regulatory bodies.