NNA Convention (On-Demand)
Register now to participate in the NNA Convention On-Demand – Population Health: Near and Far, It’s Everywhere YOU Are!
Healthcare today involves a myriad group of patients from a wide range of countries, beliefs and races. Knowledge and insight on how these patients access healthcare and view healthcare is invaluable in any practice setting. The impact of COVID-19 has only increased the need for understanding and embracing our differences as well as our similarities. Register for this on-demand activity and dip into a variety of offerings highlighting both special populations as well as current issues with interacting with and caring for all types of patients, families and cultures.
Special Guest Speaker, Larry Purnell, PhD, RN, FAAN will be delivering two presentations:
- Are We REALLY Doing Culturally Competent Care?
- Transcultural Nursing: Putting Theory into Practice
- Session 1: Population Health and LGBTQ Individuals – Cathy Barnes, MSN, RN
- Session 2: Experiencing and Dismantling Racism in Healthcare through Compassionate Conflict Engagement – Jacqueline Font-Guzman, MHA, JD, PhD
- Session 3: The Healing Kadi Foundation – Rose Lenzo, BSN, RN
- Session 4: Introspective Walk Through Culture and Dying – Erin Putney, MSN, RN
- Session 5: COVID-19 Response: Beyond the Biocontainment Unit – Morgan Shradar, BSN, RN and Angela Vasa, MSN, RN
- Session 6: Getting Engaged: Policy Solutions to Child Food Insecurity – Julie Isaacs Tse
- Session 7: Nursing – Leading the Way – Marilyn Valerio, PhD, MA, BSN
- Session 8: Jamaica-mon; On a Mission – Tara Whitmire, DNP, APRN-NP
Pre-registration is required for access to the on-demand activity. Early-bird registration closes on October 9, 2020, at 12:00 pm CST.
A link to access the on-demand activity will be emailed to all pre-registered individuals the week of October 10th, so you can view the modules at your convenience, anytime, anywhere.
Individuals are allowed to register after October 9th, but registration fees increase by $20.00. No registrations will be accepted after October 26, 2020.
Register now to have 24/7 access to this on-demand event!
$99.00 NNA Member – through the gracious support of the Carol Wilson Fund
After October 9th at Noon
$119.00 NNA Member
- Successful Completion – Attendees must register, view each of the presentations, and complete the online verification of attendance form and evaluation to receive a certificate of attendance.
- Conflict of Interest – No conflicts of interest were identified for any member of the planning committee or any author of the program content.
- Contact Hours – Participants will receive up to 10.0 contact hours, depending on the number of sessions viewed. Contact hours will only be available until November 10, 2020.
Participants will receive up to 10 contact hours, depending on the number of sessions viewed.
The Midwest Multistate Division is accredited as a provider of nursing continuing professional development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
What is the Midwest Multistate Division? The Arkansas Nurses Association, Kansas State Nurses Association, Missouri Nurses Association and Nebraska Nurses Association formed a collaborative, namely the Midwest Multistate Division (Midwest MSD), with the goal of promoting efficiencies and growth. As part of this collaborative, the Midwest MSD Continuing Nursing Education Unit (CNE Unit) was formed, which is accredited as an ANCC approver and provider of CNE, to address the educational needs of nurses in the Midwest region.
Member of NNA? Register now to join us for the NNA Convention Membership Business Meeting on Wednesday, October 21, 2020 at 7:00 pm. There is no cost to NNA members to register for the business meeting.